Nature Poems


Whisper to the sunlight

(Free writing poem set to 2/3 minutes). 

Swimming elegantly across the pool
Splashing and crashing in the waves
Pulling and reaching out in front of you
The sky as clear as day.

Suddenly the darkness creeps in
and you can barely breathe.
Something is underneath you…
And it’s crawling under your feet.

You splash and cry out frantically
Until you can cry no more.
You feel yourself drowning
and pulling you to the floor.

You whisper to the sunlight
as it comes to pass
And look at the sun beams reflecting
as you take your last long gasp.




The waterfall of terror

(Task: Write down one noun (type of body of water) and one emotion. Name the poem after the combination of the two and write. Prose poem).


Crawling over the edge, gazing at the extraordinary view. One may be fooled by the beauty and innocence it holds.

I slip and slide down the cliff face, scratching at the surface with rage. I hit and smother the gaps until they withdraw with fear. I scurry across the cliff face, destroying everything in my way. I like to rip off the new life that decides to grow there each day.

Occasionally a person decides to come by and disturb my daily motion for which I find quite mean. I’m really not sorry for what happens next. When they tread and stomp on my body trying to climb ‘the fall’. Some even think it’s fun to dance and prance in my cells. They twirl and whirl delightedly at the bottom of my rage. In haste it’s quite excusable to be protective at my age.
And so, the anger starts to grow and my body becomes quite mad.

I smother, hit and crush the people standing on the ground, until their lungs have been clogged up and I’m quite sure they’ve drowned. Even then I don’t feel content until I’ve slaughtered their body in half, using the power of my body and the cells in which they danced.

I look at them in disgust as my body turns red. It’s like I’ve been stained with guilt for all this evil mess. I try to cover it up continuously and shield my body from the extraordinary view.

And once again peace is restored and I go back to crawling over the ledge and the innocence that once drew in the curious fools that threw me over the edge.







Scattered and Shattered

(Task: Write a poem focusing on the form and structure).



waiting                                                                     on                                                            the corner
waiting                                                                     in                                                              the rain 
waiting                                                                     for                                                            the wife
                     to return                 and               numb                            my pain,       




the rain
                                                                                 comes               and                    goes 
                                                                                            comes                and                    goes
with sunshine rays in-bet-ween.
it’s quite like my               anti
                                                  ci
                                                  pation.




building in my brain.




                                                                                                                          waiting
                                                                                                                          waiting 
                                                                                                                          wanting
for her to return.
                                                                                                               just thinking of her arrival                
                                                                                                               makes my stomach churn…




on and off.                                                                                                                               on and off.
the rain decides to go.
hope and disappointment.                                                                       hope and disappointment.
as every lady comes.




my clothes are soaked.
       my heart’s been poked.
and
        strung
                     along 
                                all
                                      this 
                                               time.




why won’t she return? why won’t she come?
why does she leave me alone.




my heart yearns
my clothes have turned
dark 
just like my hope.




yet the rain keeps going…
on and off.                                                                                                                               on and off.




I literally
                just
                        can’t 
                                  cope.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf of Wall Street

Netflix's 'The Order' Review

'The Normal Heart' Theatre review- A Student re-staging of a classic